ATCA-7480QuadStar™ 40G Packet Processing/Server Blade
2.1MB , PDF
The SMART Embedded Computing ATCA-7480 COTS processor blade is based on two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 family processors providing up to 28 processing cores per blade. Data paths to main memory and I/O are highly optimized using DDR4 and PCIe Gen 3 protocol to provide high computational performance and optimized packet throughput combined with high bandwidth network connectivity.
The scalable memory capacity of up to 512GB is ideal for deep in-memory databases and look-up/routing tables. This will allow for shorter response times of database accesses, accelerated pattern matching and routing decisions. Cost sensitive applications will benefit from the possibility to use up to sixteen memory DIMMs with lower capacity while still achieving attractive memory capacities.
The ATCA-7480 features a QuadStar™ interface consisting of four 40G Ethernet channels that connect to the shelf's backplane. System integrators have the choice of combining channels to different kinds of redundant and non-redundant topologies depending on the applications bandwidth and availability requirements. By integrating multiple ATCA-7480 blades with up to four 40G hub blades into a single shelf, applications can benefit from high data rates flowing through the available hub blades. In addition external network connectivity can be further increased by a wide range of I/O network options. The networking design is optimized for use with Intel DPDK and is prepared for supporting future releases.
- Two Intel® Xeon® processors,E5-2600 v3 family
- Scalable performance range with up to 14 cores per processor
- Up to 512GB main memory, DDR4, configurable for highest capacity or cost effective memory configurations
- Large scale on-board solid state storage
- QuadStar™ 40G fabric interfaces enabling multiple bandwidth and redundancy options
- Hot-swappable mass storage options and RAID 0/1 support
- Suitable for open source and commercial Linux derivatives
- Virtualization support including Linux KVM and VMware
- Intel DPDK ready
White Papers and eBooks
Declaration of Conformity
Installation and Use Guide
ATCA-7480 Series Installation and Use (September 2019)
RTM-ATCA-748X Installation and Use (November 2019)
ATCA-7480 Series Quick Start Guide (September 2019)
ATCA-748X MMOD-KIT Quick Start Guide (September 2019)
ATCA-7XMMOD-SATAx Quick Start Guide (November 2016)
RTM-ATCA-748X-40G Quick Start Guide (November 2019)