CPCI6200PICMG 2.0/2.16 Processor Board
CPCI6200 Data Sheet
0.7MB , PDF
The SMART Embedded Computing CPCI6200 single-board computer (SBC) provides the NXP® MPC8572 PowerQUICC III dual core processor in a reliable and proven form factor for industrial, military and aerospace applications.
The single-slot CPCI6200 SBC is ideal for thermally constrained environments and includes four Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) interfaces and dual channel 3.2GB/s high speed, double data rate DDR3, for a combined maximum bandwidth of 6.4GB/s.
The CPCI6200 is a low-power, high-performance SBC that offers full hot swap compliance per PICMG® 2.1 and supports the PICMG 2.9 System Management and PICMG 2.16 CompactPCI® Packet Switching Backplane open specifications. In addition to the PICMG 2.16 variants, the CPCI6200 offers other value-added features including the PLX6466 PCI-to-PCI bridge (PPB) for universal CompactPCI system- or peripheral-slot functionality. Also, the CPCI6200 board supports the intelligent platform management interface (IPMI) specification for full board remote system and platform management as well as baseboard management controller (BMC) and peripheral mode.
The CPCI6200 also offers MRAM, magnetoresistive random access memory. MRAM is high speed non-volatile RAM with unlimited read/write access that protects data in the event of a power loss and does not require periodic refresh. MRAM is ideal for critical non-volatile data storage, data logs, dynamic program updates and dynamic security.
Overall, with the high performance dual core processor for scalability and leading edge I/O and memory for flexibility, the CPCI6200 board is a superior choice for industrial applications such as data acquisition system control, test and measurement, and transportation control, as well as advanced military and aerospace systems, signal testing and simulation.
- 1.3 or 1.5 GHz NXP MPC8572 dual core integrated processor
- Integrated north bridge in the processor (no frontside bus)
- 2GB or 4GB ECC-protected DDR3-800
- Four on-board Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- Two serial ports
- One USB 2.0 port
- Support for PICMG 2.16 CompactPCI Packet Switching Backplane specification
- Full PICMG 2.1, R2.0 Hot Swap specification compliance
- PICMG 2.9 System Management specification support
- Two PCI-X/PCI mezzanine card (PMC) site
- Optional rear transition module in PICMG 2.16 and rear I/O variants
- PLX6466 PCI-to-PCI bridge technology