MVME5500NXP® MPC7457 VME SBC
SMART EC MVME5500
2.7MB , PDF
The MVME5500 from SMART Embedded Computing uses the MPC7457 processor running at 1 GHz, balanced with memory, dual independent local buses and I/O subsystems.
The powerful Marvell system controller, with support for a 133 MHz host bus and a 133 MHz SDRAM memory bus, is well matched to the high speed processor.
To match the system I/O to the outstanding processor performance, the MVME5500 provides dual 64-bit, 33/66 MHz PCI buses. Each PCI bus has a PMC site supporting cards running at 33 or 66 MHz. The Universe II VME interface and PMCspan connector are isolated from the PMC sites on a dedicated 33 MHz PCI bus segment so that both PMC sites are capable of 66 MHz operation.
The MVME5500 also offers a Gigabit Ethernet interface, a 10/100BaseTX Ethernet interface and two serial ports. All of this adds up to a set of well-balanced, high-performance subsystems for unparalleled performance.
The MVME5500 series is designed to meet the needs of OEMs including those in defense and aerospace, industrial automation and transportation. Customers looking for a technology refresh for their application while maintaining backward compatibility with their existing VMEbus infrastructure can upgrade to the MVME5500 series and take advantage of the enhanced performance features.
- MPC7457 PowerPC® processor at 1GHz
- 512KB of on-chip L2 cache and 2MB of L3 cache
- AltiVec coprocessor for high-performance computational applications
- Two banks of soldered flash memory (32MB and 8MB)
- Dual independent 64-bit PCI buses and PMC sites with a bus speed of up to 66 MHz
- Gigabit Ethernet interface plus an additional 10/100BaseTX Ethernet interface
- 64-bit PCI expansion mezzanine connector allowing up to four more PMCs
- I/O compatibility with MVME51xx family
- Support for processor PMCs (PrPMCs)
VME Beyond 2025 Brochure
VME Beyond 2025 Brochure - Chinese version
VME Beyond 2025 Brochure - Japanese version
Installation and Use Guide
MVME55006E Single Board Computer Installation and Use (September 2019)
MVME7616E Transition Module Installation and Use (September 2019)