PMCspanPMC Expansion Board
SMART PMCspan Data Sheet
2.4MB , PDF
The PMCspan board allows users to customize their exact I/O requirements with SMART Embedded Computing' VME based CPU modules designed around the PowerPlus™ Architecture.
When coupled with an SMART EC processor module, the PMCspan provides up to six PMCs, more expansion capability than any other VMEbus processor module. Each PMCspan supports either two single-wide or one double-wide PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC). By stacking PMCspans, a total of four additional single-wide PMCs can be added to SMART EC's compute engines-either today or as future application growth demands.
The PMCspan is a standard 6U single-slot VMEbus module that links to its host board via a PCI expansion connector. It supports both front panel and P2 I/O access for customer supplied PMCs.
- Single-slot 6U VMEbus format
- PLX6150 PCI-to-PCI interface bridge
- Support for two single-wide or one double-wide PCI Mezzanine Card (PMC) per PMCspan
- Stacking capability
- Front-panel and/or P2 I/O
- Compliant with PCI local bus specification (revision 2.1)
- Injector/ejector handles per VME64 extensions
- Compatible with SMART EC's PowerPlus™ VME series