XMCspanXMC Expansion Board
XMCspan Data Sheet
1.0MB , PDF
When two XMCspan boards are coupled with an SMART EC MVME7100 or MVME4100, the XMCspan boards add up to four single-wide XMC slots, or four single-wide PCI Mezzanine Cards (PMCs) slots, or two double-wide XMC slots, or two double-wide PMC slots, or a combination of both XMC modules and PMC modules. (Note: This is in addition to the two single-wide PMC slots or one double-wide PMC slot on the SBC board.).
This feature allows for flexibility in design and a path for future scalability. The XMCspan is a standard 6U single-slot VMEbus module that connects to its VMEbus SBC board via a PCI Express expansion connector. It supports front panel I/O access for customer supplied XMCs and/or PMCs. Additionally, the XMCspan supports a single 4-lane interface with the P15 connector for XMCs.
- Single-slot 6U VMEbus format
- PLX PEX8533 PCI Express 6-port switch
- Tundra Tsi384 PCI Express to PCI-X interface bridges
- Support for two single-wide, or one double-wide XMC or PMC per XMCspan
- Stacking capability
- Front-panel I/O
- Single 4-lane interface with P15 connector for XMCs
- Injector/ejector handles per VME64 extensions
- Compatible with SMART EC's MVME7100 and MVME4100 VMEbus SBCs